Friday, August 31, 2007

Christian Weddings-How Sweet


This weekend has been long anticipated by my sweet friend, Erin Troxler... soon to be Lutz :) Erin has been staying with John and I over the last month (due to her old lease running up at her last place) but tomorrow, September 1 she will finally get to marry her true love! I am very very excited for her. Tonight will be a blast-they have invited a bunch of their close friends to come to the rehearsal party since they are having a cook-out at the beach. They rented a shelter and are having a very casual event. It is sort of a combination of a rehearsal dinner and going away party because they will be moving to Oregan the week after their wedding. We will miss them a ton, but God has great plans for them! Here is a picture of my friend when Daniel first got home from Iraq:
I am definitely looking forward to the long weekend coming up! It will be nice to have Monday off. It is really hard to believe that as of Sunday I am 30 weeks pregnant! That means that as off Sunday, I only have 10 weeks left!! Oddly enough though, on Tuesday I will officially be 7 months pregnant... so go figure. I guess technically pregnancy is considered 9 1/2 months long. Depending on when you start counting! :) I am very ready for that! On Tuesday evening Professor Jacob and his wife J.J. came over and traded their crib for our recliner. A great deal for both sides! Having the crib in the nursery really makes the whole thing that much more real to me! It is almost a little scary! ;) I know God will direct us, so I have nothing to fear-but I know that I am a miserable sinner in need of His grace as well! So-God will redeem my human efforts for His glory in being a parent.

We've decided to name our son Joshua Broden Tyler. Joshua means "God saves" and Broden (or Brody) means "muddy". This is only significant in that when I became a believer, the Bible verse that the Lord gave to me was Psalm 40:1-3. The key verse is verse 2 which reads: "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." So, basically this little one is a testimony to the Lord's redeeming work in my life. What a great God we serve!

3 comments:

Dr. Ambo said...

Hey Christine! Just wanted to put in my $.02 about the name idea. I like it! I can't believe you two are about to be parents; what an amazing, beautiful, daunting, and marvelous gift.

John & Christine Tyler said...

Thank you! We are totally excited! :)

John & Christine Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.