Friday, July 27, 2007

Fun DAY!!

Today is a very exciting day for a couple of reasons... first-this morning I got a call from a lady who works at Tidewater Community College. She said they had openings for the 3D ultrasound! So, in September I get to have free 3D pictures of my boy! :) I'm so excited! They told me to bring a cd and they would put them on there for us! I'm sure all the grand-parents will be happy to get to see these pictures. I'll post some in September for all of you who would like to see how it turns out. :)

The second exciting event of the day is our Law School faculty and staff picnic. We all get to head over to Woodstock Park here in Virginia Beach at noon to have fun, fellowship and food! yum. (I think I'm the most excited about the food.... no, just kidding!) It's a giant pot-luck dinner and we all have dishes from other staff/faculty members that we're excited to eat. Dean Murphy's wife makes excellent egg rolls. You have to fight people for them! :)

Last weekend was a lot of fun. John and I drove to Norfolk and rode the ferry over to Portsmouth. We hadn't seen Portsmouth yet and it is a really cute town. There are all kinds of little art shops and cafes over there. Plus there's a cool little coffee shop over there. One of the wonderful ladies I work with has an art studio in Olde Town Portsmouth and we got to see it too. So, if you are ever over there-go to the Studio 501 and see her work! :) Here's a picture of the boat ride over to Portsmouth:



Well-it is almost time for the all important picnic! :) Thank you Lord for this wonderful job!